Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Newton during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Brookwood Inc will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Brookwood Inc at 641-316-9803 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.