With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Brookwood Inc expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Brookwood Inc a call at 641-316-9803.