In Newton you count on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit any day. Simply put, you could have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even create trouble with your furnace’s threshold switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some symptoms for you to look for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Brookwood Inc, if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Signs related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working at top volume or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or changing on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a blocked condensation line. This could require both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Brookwood Inc at 641-316-9803 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.