During the colder Newton months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Brookwood Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Brookwood Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Brookwood Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Brookwood Inc at 641-316-9803 or arrange an appointment with us online.