Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Newton summer, have the specialists at Brookwood Inc complete your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Brookwood Inc today at 641-316-9803.