Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Newton is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Brookwood Inc consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace it per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s performance. cut the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Brookwood Inc in Newton at 641-316-9803 today.