As spring begins, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Newton? Particularly if your AC system is up-to-date or was running good last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Brookwood Inc tech can help spot minor issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little troubles before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a series of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Now with Brookwood Inc
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Brookwood Inc pros a call at 641-316-9803 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your residence, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your next service.