Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Newton are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Brookwood Inc in Newton can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 641-316-9803 and stay comfortable this summer.